When there is a need to get a new business card design, it is often a good move to find out which of the following would benefit you the most, ready made design or custom design.
Pros and Cons of Ready Made Design
- You can virtually find thousands of business card design online without having to pay a single penny – saves cost and time.
- If you’re familiar with graphics-editing software, this is the right choice for you.
- As these online business card designs are available for free, do expect others to have similar design with yours.
- However, templates today usually comes in layered Photoshop PSD format. With basic software knowledge, one could easily change the overall appearance and standout from the crowd.
- You can download and send the template to your preferred printing company and they would be more than willing to help you include your business logo and particulars into the design.
Pros and Cons of Custom Design
- You have more control over the design although revision is limited. So it’s best for you to state your preference clearly to the designer.
- Purchase of expensive graphic software like Photoshop or Illustrator is not needed.
- Time equals to money – Save time and focus on your business or other important task.
- Hiring a professional graphic designer to do the job for you can be costly.
- With insufficient or limited budget, hiring a graphic designer may not be the right choice for you.
To summarize, ready made design is excellent if you have the time and basic software knowledge to customize the design. Meanwhile, custom design are best for those with limited time, sufficient budget or simply prefer a unique design.